Dialysis Academy 2017- Imperial College Renal and Transplant Centre
The Dialysis Academy welcomes and will be strengthened through diverse attendees.
This Academy aims to challenge nursing and medical practice with cutting-edge evidence to improve patient care in a stimulating and interactive environment. Topics include:
- Dialysis dementia – how do we detect it…what do we do about it now?
- Practical guide to great AVF care
- CVVHF with Citrate Anticoagulation – Setting up – Benefits, Research and implications for HD
- PD is safe and could improve outcomes for late presenters
- Debate: Transplant over dialysis at all cost?
- A day in the life of the Home Haemodialysis Nurse… and a day in the life of Dialysis Lead
- Leading transition from dialysis to end of life care
- Plasma Exchange – Benefit for Whom and What Risk? – Autoimmune and Alloimmune indications
- Diabetes in Dialysis-treated – optimal drug treatment and monitoring
- Debate: Survival will never be significantly improved through increasing Dialysis Adequacy
For more information and registration please see the attached flyer and agenda.